The tall ship Kruzenshtern departing the port of Cadiz during the Quincentennial Celebración in 1992.
The four-masted bark, built in 1926 as the “Padua”, is the last vessel of its kind. Built as a cargo-carrying sailing ship, she was one of the Flying P-Liners, the sailing ships of the German F. Laeisz shipping company from Hamburg.
The last Windjammer is still active today, although it has undergone a change in profession and turned training ship. Today the “Kruzenshtern” is the world’s second largest sailing ship – second to Russian “Sedov” – and, without a doubt, the most famous ship in the contemporary Russian sailing fleet.